Let Your Cosmetic Dentist near NYC Help You Achieve a Winning Smile
There is no denying that cosmetic dentistry is a booming industry, especially here in the States. More and more, we are realizing that to be perceived as attractive is a good thing. What's wrong with a little confidence boost that stems from having a bright, brilliant smile? Who doesn't like the idea of looking younger, more professional, and, well, more attractive! In fact, studies continue to point to the noteworthy advantages of having a winning smile.
2000 men and women participated in a research study conducted by Oral B, in which their responses to white teeth were measured. What was learned was that a bright smile is quite the asset . . .
- Survey results demonstrated a clear perception that a person with nice, white teeth seems younger, wealthier, and generally more attractive.
- When surveyed about age, respondents noted that people with whiter teeth looked, on average, 5 years younger, than they did in images with dull, discolored teeth.
- Study participants measured people with white teeth 20% more attractive than individuals with not-so-bright smiles.
- Yellow teeth was noted as one of the top dating concerns, right along with bad breath. These two smile characteristics were even more important to women as a man's hair, or lack thereof.
- The Oral B study also touched on professional success. People with white teeth were thought to have a collage degree, or a private-school education. The brightness of the smile also seemed to reflect higher earnings, to the tune of about $16,000. What is interesting is that this "theory" was proven in another research study in which employers actually said they were more likely to hire an attractive person with a good smile.
How does your smile measure up?
We all experience discoloration at some point; it is nearly unavoidable, no matter how well you brush and floss. When dullness takes root, it opens the door for teeth to become yellow, or worse. Depending on lifestyle habits, teeth may become brown, especially near the gum line.
If your smile has lost its brilliance, you can obtain the quick-treatment you need from your cosmetic dentist in the NYC area. We offer in-office treatment that can have you looking younger, wealthier, and more successful in about an hour.
Call Anderson Dental Care at (201) 461-5400.